I have so much spinach that was going to wither if I don’t cook. The kids won’t eat all of it unless I get creative. So, I made them into spinach ramen 🎉. Who can resist bouncy bouncy smooth smooth fresh noodles with smoked pork belly, served in a soup made from pork soft bones brewed from last night😋.
I am not sure if there is such a thing in Japan, but certainly, not impossible! Googled and managed to find only one such image. Hahahaha.
However, there are plenty of Chinese spinach noodles. I made it a tad too wet today by accident. It is still super bouncy and delicious. Eat the roughage and all!
- 1 Pasta machine
- 2 cups plain flour
- 100 g any kind of spinach
- 3/8 cup water
- 1 tbsp alkaline water
- A pinch salt
- Some corn starch to coat dough
- Toppings prepare ahead of time
- 200 g Smoked Pork sliced
- 3 medium eggs cooked for 7 minutes peeled and soaked in soya sauce
- 2 tbsp scallions
- 5 pieces yaki nori seaweed
- 5 bunches spinach boiled and drained dry
- 1 roll naruto maki sliced thinly
- 1 kg Pork Soft bones
- 1/2 big onion
- 2 slices ginger
- A pinch salt
- Ramen Flavour
- 4 tbsp dashi powder
- 4 tbsp soya sauce or miso or some salt
- In a blender, put all the spinach and water and blend till as fine as you like.
- Add the flour, alkaline water and some salt and blend for another 2 minutes
- Divide into 5 portions.
- Take one portion and run it through #0, then fold the dough in half and turn 90 degree, feed through at #0 again. Do this 10 times to create gluten.
- Coat generously with corn starch
- Feed one portion into a pasta maker and roll at 1, then 2, then 5.
- Change to the noodle cutter and cut using the spaghetti size cutter.
- Bring to boil a large pot of water and add a tablespoon of salt to it.
- Get a portion of ramen and put that into the pot of water.
- Keep stirring the water until the ramen floats, less than a minute. Remove and dunk the noodles into a huge pail of water with ice.
- Repeat for the rest of the 4 portions of ramen.
- Make the stock the night before by boiling everything for 10 hours at the least.
- Add your favourite ramen flavour.
- Divide ramen into 10 bowls equally.
- Pour soup over.
- Serve with sichimi togarashi and sesame seeds with a grinder.