A bit lazy to make bread, crusts for quiches are too troublesome. Don’t want to make any pastry, too much to wash up.
As usual, the muffin comes the the rescue! Almost always the easiest and fastest to bake, with the breakfast taste of ham or bacon or sausage, cheese and chives. After a few trials, I think this muffin is really good and delicious. However, it is as delicious as your ingredients your put into it. Therefore, always use the most delicious cheese, the best ham or bacon and the freshest veggies. I added an egg into each muffin to add a bit of glamour into each.
They are super yummy, and will be a hit with adults and children alike.
- 180 g self-raising flour
- 1 cup of your favourite cheese make sure it is a salty kind
- 1 cup of sausage or bacon or ham or a combination of any kind of seasoned meat, diced 1/2 cm
- 1/4 cup of chives
- 1/2 cup of zucchini or spinach optional
- 200 g milk or bone stock
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp bullion powder if using milk instead of bone stock
- 1 tsp pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese optional
- Preheat oven at 200 to 220C.
- Mix the flour with everything else except the milk (or stock) and eggs.
- Mix the stock/milk with 1 egg.
- Add (2) to (1) and mix briefly, do not overstir, just wet the dry ingredients.
- Half fill a big muffin cup with the batter, then crack an egg into each muffin cup, and then top the cup with more batter till filled.
- Top with parmesan cheese if desired.
- Put the muffins on a low rack and bake for 20 to 25 minutes when muffins should be golden brown.